Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday morning musings

I have been feeling ever so slightly better the past few days. Still unhappy with my weight gain, but hoping with some diligent calorie counting I can see if I can get it down on my own.  Regardless, have an appointment with my doctor this week to discuss everything that I've been experiencing. 

Since I have pretty much stopped using our main computer and have taken over our laptop, I have no access to all of my pictures when I blog (unless I want to take the time to get on the main computer which as far as I'm concerned is painfully slow).  But I do have plenty of our recent photo session, many I've shared already at my other blog


I will admit I was very unhappy with my hair the day of the shoot and I'm not a huge fan of how I look in this picture, but I love everything else. 

My hair looked great......... the next day! 

Mickey and I started week 5 of the P90X this morning.  The routine is pretty much the same as weeks 1-3, the only difference is the upper body workout on Wednesday is different.  I like that my husband and I are working out together....it is good motivation.  I think after the 12 weeks are done we will keep doing some of these routines, at least a few times a week.  Mickey HATES the yoga and stretching, so I better make sure we keep doing some of that because it's good for him (and me)!! 

And part of being a healthy mommy is having some downtime.  I have to admit I am very excited that fall shows are returning this week, especially Glee, Modern Family, The Office, and 30 Rock.  I also have Hawaii 5-0 set to tape on the DVR.  I am hoping it is good, but at least we will get to see some nice scenery.  What will you be watching/taping this week?

Even though I haven't done much with this blog yet, I am so happy I started it.  I just didn't feel right blogging about personal stuff on my kids/family blog...this feels like another way to express myself and another way for others to get to know me. 

Oh yes, and the half marathon is coming up in 12 days!  I did a 9.3 mile training walk on Saturday and it went smoothly and I was only a little bit sore on Sunday.  So I really think I am ready to go the full 13.2 without any major hurdles!  The marathon is called Run Like a Girl, and it is open to women only - and they limit it to 100 participants.  I hear there are things during the race like the "chocolate mile" and the "pedicure mile", sounds like it is going to be lots of fun.

For a half marathon.

Enjoy your day!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Part of being a healthy mommy is also learning to love yourself through life's ups and downs. I sure am working on that! Your motivation is inspiring. Can't wait to hear about the fun things happening during the half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun!!

    That's just the way it goes right! Bad hair on picture day. My bangs are currently sticking straight out of my head and I have no idea why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I read a post where the blogger is working out and keeping fit, I'm usually eating Oreos, then feel the guilt kick me in the stomach...or maybe that's the Oreos...anyway, I think it's great that you're keeping at it. Good luck with the half-marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it strange how good our hair can look one day and so not so good the next. I think you hair looks good but then I have bad hair days when people tell me it looks great and so I think part of it is our own personal view...

    ReplyDelete