Monday, October 11, 2010

Invasion of the Energy Suckers

Hello.

This is Teri.

Today I am an ever so slightly unHealthy Mommy.

I have a cold. :(

I got a bad sore throat Friday afternoon and by Friday night there was no denying the evil truth.

Germs had invaded. 

Spent the weekend gradually getting worse.  Fortunately my fantastic hubby kept the kids busy so I could get plenty of rest.

It's not the worst cold I've ever had, but those germs sure know how to grab all your energy and take it far, far away.

I missed my Saturday and Monday workouts.  I am hoping I feel up to getting up and doing some sort of activity tomorrow.

But if not, there is always Wednesday. 

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Ugh. Energy sucking colds are the worst. But part of being healthy is listening to your body. Yours is asking you to rest so you can fight off those germs more efficiently! So there.

    (If only I was as good at taking my advice as giving it, huh?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pei pa koa is pretty decent cough medicine (from herbal as I remembered), great non alcoholic medicine, some western cough medicine are more effective, but this is non drowsy.

    You can access info online @
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
    ninjiom.50webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better soon. I'm sure you'll get back into the groove later on this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a sore throat right now. I'm about to drink a big fat Orange Juice and Vodka. It makes me feel better....and not care that I have a could.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl....
    You need to check into JUICEPLUS.
    Look at the webiste.
    www.fitmommytakesjuiceplus.com

    IT is PROVEN to help improve your immune system (it's FRUIT and VEGGIES in a capsule or chewable form) We've been taking it for almost a year... the kiddos LOVE the chewables and we've all be DOING GREAT!
    502-741-4293 if you have questions

    ReplyDelete
  6. ug it is so hard to workout when you are sick. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry about the workouts, just get better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late in saying this but I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete