Monday, October 4, 2010

Run Like a Girl Half Marathon!

Saturday was a beautiful day for a walk.

A long walk.

We started the Run Like a Girl Half Marathon shortly after 9 am...and we were finished 3 hours and 22 minutes later. 

Pre-race I just had to get a picture with my two favorite flaggers!


This Run Like a Girl Marathon is a very non-competitive, fun event.   We enjoyed break stops that were called things like "The Espresso Mile" (we got coffee in the form of chocolate), "The Pedicure Mile" (sign up to win a free pedicure), "The Gratitude Mile", and "The Chocolate Mile" (dark chocolate).

Here I am with my walking friends at the halfway turnaround "The Maui Mile":  Oh, did I forget to mention "The Princess Mile" when we got our tiaras?


The walk went along our interurban trail, a very scenic path, and I stopped long enough to take this picture (at this point we were well on our way back and any time we stopped we really wanted to STOP so we just tried to keep going).  


Our final pace was 15:04 minutes per mile.  We were going pretty fast, and even passed some that were run/walking the route.  And, success, we finished!  


Two days later I am still sore, but the pain is fading.

We are definitely going to do it again next year - and planning to talk a few more friends into joining us!

post signature

27 comments:

  1. Now that is cool. They made it so fun and kinda like you were being pampered. That's the kind of marathon I wouldn't mind!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Job Wife..I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun is THAT???? If every half marathon was that way, I'd sign up for more!!!!

    Good job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! So many events I've done where I've never gotten any pictures...great that you were able to document at least some of yours! It would be fun to join you next year if I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks like a blast, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that sounds like a marathon I could get interested in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! That sounds like fun. I'm not anywhere close to it right now, but one of my big goals is to run a 1/2 marathon someday (or run/walk). This one sounds very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like my kind of marathon - Looks like a great girly day while getting a ton of exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! Sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT PICTURES and what a view... Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awesome and amazing!!!! Major congrats to you! Also, wow... That race actually looked like fun! : ) I'll have to see if there is anything remotely that fun looking in my neck of the woods (then I might actually commit to doing a half marathon.. I've thought about it... does that count? : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay u!!! sounds like a lot of fun!!I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a great accomplishment! I do 13 minute miles on the treadmill for 3 miles and that is tough! kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like a great marathon!! I am proud of you and the soreness should be a LOT better tomorrow! It takes 2-3 days for the soreness to go away! I want to do it with you next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like mucho fun! Good JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so want to do that! You are inspiring other women to workout. You Rock! Look at the responses you got.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!!! I really wish something like that was around here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sounds like so much fun...we need to organize something like this in my neck of the woods...I just have to get up to walking that far first! lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds like so much fun! Love that you had little pitstops along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounded like the coolest marathon ever. :-)

    I am Fickle Cattle.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I am new here and am now following your blog. It is so inspiring to meet others striving to be healthier. Please feel free to pop by my blog sometime. I am new and would love another follower!

    So exciting about your marathon! I would love to run in one some day.

    http://losingoverhalfofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's awesome! I need to do this one day! I'll have to add it to my bucket list which by the way keeps getting longer and longer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun event. I have not heard of anything like it before. I want to do one!

    That is a great pace...nothing like passing a run/walker.

    Congrats.

    (oh yeah, I have been meaning to tell you...every time I see your awesome new profile picture, I can see the photographer hanging from the tree to take it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun looking race. Definitely need to try for it next year! You had such a good time for walking. I am a walker and have been nervous about walking a half marathon but this looks like just the one to start with because of all the wonderful motivational "treats". I need treats :)

    ReplyDelete