Monday, February 14, 2011
Only I didn't know he was there until I left to go home that day.
For as I walked out towards my car I realized it was not quite the same as I had left it.
It was decorated!
My husband came and decorated the car with paper banners and hearts and balloons. On the inside passenger seat he left me some gifts. How lucky was I!?
As I was driving home I realized he even orchestrated the music - a new Outkast CD ready to play at a certain song.
I will always remember that day when I hear this song:
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
4:45 AM since it was a "Sweat Camp" morning.
2. How do you like your steak?
Uh, meat free??
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
I don't know but it was probably animated and rated G.
4. What are your favorite TV shows?
Glee, The Office, Modern Family, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I love where I am..but would love an additional residence in New York City. Or Hawaii. Or Italy.
6. What did you have for breakfast?
I had a piece of bread with a little peanut butter before my workout (around 5 AM). Then at 8 I had a grapefruit and a protein shake.
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
8. What foods do you dislike?
Peas and brussel sprouts. I don't eat meat, but not because I don't like it. I have a love/hate relationship with anything highly processed and full of chemicals and sugar. I try to avoid those.
9. Favorite Place to Eat?
I love going out to a restaurant just down the street called Scotty Brown's. They have delicious yam fries and bellinis!
10. Favorite salad dressing?
Oil and vinegar.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
12. What are your favorite clothes?
I almost always wear jeans and some kind of (hopefully) cute top.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
New York City, Italy, France, England, Bahamas, Miami......
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
I try to keep mine half full.
15. Where would you want to retire?
Not thinking about that yet.
16. Favorite time of day?
It varies, but I do love 7:30 pm when the kids are down for the night and I can just veg out for a while.
17. Where were you born?
Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, HI.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
19. Who do you think will not tag you back?
Tag is for kids.
20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
Tag involves running.
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
Again, I'm not much of a tagger.
22. Bird watcher?
I love birds!
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
If I have to pick, morning.
1 dog, 2 cats.
25. Any new and exciting news that you'd like to share?
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
Rich and famous. And in charge.
27. What is your best childhood memory?
I am sure there are lots, but I was pretty excited the morning the Easter Bunny left paw prints all over the house! I also remember pretty vividly standing in my backyard the day Mount St. Helens erupted, watching the ash rise high in the sky (while simultaneously working a loose tooth).
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
Probably about equal.
29. Are you married?
Yep. Working on our 8th year.
30. Always wear your seat belt?
Yes - it's the LAW! :)
31. Been in a car accident?
Minor ones, nothing in a long time.
32. Any pet peeves?
Pretty much all of them.
33. Favorite pizza topping?
Been trying not to eat dairy but I am loving Amy's Roasted Vegetable pizza. It uses sweet onions as the base and it is delicious.
34. Favorite Flower?
Tulips although roses are quickly rising on my list.
35. Favorite ice cream?
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
I don't like any of them! In a pinch, Taco Time or Subway.
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
Zero. I did fail the "parallel parking" section of the test though.
38. From whom did you get your last email?
The iTunes store.
39. Which store?
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
Filled this out.
41. Like your job?
Stay at home mom. It's the best. The pay sucks and I wish I had sick days but the other benefits are priceless.
43. What was your favorite vacation?
Hawaii with the whole family - March 2008.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
My husband and kids.
45. What are you listening to right now?
The annoying hum of my fridge. And the clothes dryer.
46. What is your favorite color?
47. Inspirational people in your life?
My kids are pretty awesome.
48. Coffee drinker?
49. How many children do you have?
One angel baby girl, two kids on earth, and my lovely step-daughter.
50. Favorite Book?
Too hard to pick!!
Friday, February 4, 2011
Thursday, February 3, 2011
I mean our!! Our new bed!!! Of course I meant our. :)
Anyways, Mickey and I finally upgraded to a king size bed. Better yet we got one of those fancy dancy tempur-pedic ones. And since we were going up in size we simply HAD to have new bedding too!
Here is the “before”:
and now the “after”:
I mean WE!! :)
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
I'm hoping this is NOT another month of only posting about my goals so, to start things off:
Goals for February:
- Post on this blog (AND my other blog) at least once a week.
- Keep the computer OFF between 8 am and 1 pm on the weekdays. I have a lap top I keep in the kitchen and if it's on it is too easy for me to just stand there and waste time. My husband will probably have to give me a few friendly reminders. Remember I said "friendly!". :) If I REALLY need to check (schedule, address, banking etc) something during those hours it is okay, but I will just use my iPad.
- Exercise 5-6 days a week. Start another 6 week session of Sweat Camp February 14th.
- Watch as many of the Oscar Nominated "Best Picture" films as possible. Or at least two. :)
- Read 1 non-fiction book
- Cook 5 new dinners (soups and stir-fry's excluded)
- Have a family movie night. I owe my daughter one!
I just realized I am typing this between the hours of 8 am and 1pm!! But then I remembered I am doing this on January 31st to post tomorrow so it's still okay today. PHEW!
Good luck with whatever you are trying to accomplish this month!!
Monday, January 31, 2011
Goal: Exercise 4-6 days per week
Goal: Eat a cleaner diet (no alcohol, dairy, caffeine, meat, artificial sweeteners, excessive sugar)
Goal: Read 3-4 books
Goal: Lose 5 pounds
Goal: Clean up the mud room/office area
Grade: D...While I might have "picked" it up here and there I haven't tackled the massive clean/up and organization I want to do in this room.
Goal: Cook 10 dinners I haven't made before
If you're setting goals, and/or working towards a resolution or two, how did you do?
Thursday, January 6, 2011
I am going to start setting some goals each month, document them here, and then follow up to indicate how things went.
Goals for January:
Continue working out 4-6 days per week, but focus on working pushing myself a little bit harder than I typically do (sidenote, I just this week started a 6 week, 3-days a week, boot camp style workout class. It's HARD WORK!).
* Eat a cleaner diet:
My husband and I are trying to forgo alcohol, dairy, caffeine, meat, artificial sweeteners, and sugar (keeping sugar grams per serving under 5 for anything we eat).
All I can say is it's going well so far, but I think it's going to be a looooong month. After this month I plan to resume my normal vegetarian, low dairy diet. But hopefully I will continue to eat far less sugar and artificial sweeteners.
*Read 3-4 books:
I am already on book #2, having read Portia DeRossi's "Unbearable Lightness" in about 2 days. Good book. Currently I am reading the first installment of the Dexter series "Darkly Dreaming Dexter".
* Lose 5 pounds:
I've gained almost 15 since June and I would like my jeans to fit a little less snug again.
*Clean up the mud room/office area:
I really need to tackle this project - this room needs some work!
* Cook 10 dinners I haven't made before.
That's it. I have much more to do, but I am going to keep it simple this month.
Happy New Year!!