Thursday, January 6, 2011

Goals for January

I haven't posted in soooooo long over here.  And even this one is probably going up a week later than it should. 

I am going to start setting some goals each month, document them here, and then follow up to indicate how things went.  

Goals for January: 

*Exercise:

Continue working out 4-6 days per week, but focus on working pushing myself a little bit harder than I typically do (sidenote, I just this week started a 6 week, 3-days a week, boot camp style workout class.  It's HARD WORK!).  

* Eat a cleaner diet:

My husband and I are trying to forgo alcohol, dairy, caffeine, meat, artificial sweeteners, and sugar (keeping sugar grams per serving under 5 for anything we eat). 

All I can say is it's going well so far, but I think it's going to be a looooong month.   After this month I plan to resume my normal vegetarian, low dairy diet.  But hopefully I will continue to eat far less sugar and artificial sweeteners. 


*Read 3-4 books:


I am already on book #2, having read Portia DeRossi's "Unbearable Lightness" in about 2 days.  Good book.  Currently I am reading the first installment of the Dexter series "Darkly Dreaming Dexter".

* Lose 5 pounds:

I've gained almost 15 since June and I would like my jeans to fit a little less snug again. 

*Clean up the mud room/office area:

I really need to tackle this project - this room needs some work!

* Cook 10 dinners I haven't made before.  

 That's it.  I have much more to do, but I am going to keep it simple this month. 

Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

  1. So admirable. I like the one about cooking 10 new dinners. I might have to poach it. I try not to eat foods with a lot of sugar and crap, but I would definitely have trouble giving it up completely. However I admire that you are working so hard! I'm a big believer in the 90/10 rule (eating good 90% of the time), but I know it wouldn't hurt me to try to give up that 10%, at least to show I could! Maybe after I see how successful you are :) And I'm not giving up my green tea, caffeine or no!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent goals Teri!

    I've gained 15 since June too. Dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of cooking 10 different dinners that I have not cooked before. I have all these really healthy yummy recipes that I have been wanting to try but just can't seem to get motivated. I think I will set my goal to 4 for Feb though since I mostly try new stuff on weekends :)
    Yay for starting the boot camp those can be very brutal. I am to much of a wimp.

    ReplyDelete