Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday

 

Good morning!  We are enjoying a quiet, snowy Monday at home today.  Although  my kids love to play in the snow, it is pretty much an excuse for them to go outside and get cold so they can start asking me how long they have to play until they can have hot chocolate….and will they be able to have hot chocolate more than once today? 

Enjoyed watching the Golden Globes last night…which took about 90 minutes since I had it on the DVR and was able to FF through a lot of it.  I thought Ricky Gervais was very entertaining, but he was WAY nicer than he was last year. 

If you need an awesome recap of the Globes Fashion be sure to visit this blog:  Handbags and Handguns.

Saturday night I made a roast squash, caramelized onion, and goat cheese tart for dinner.  I found the recipe on the blog Coconuts and Quinoa and decided to give it a try.

It was delicious!

IMG_9513_edited-1

I also made one of my most favorite desserts – Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.  Recipe found in the book The Kind Life by Alicia Silverstone and also on here web site here

image

I did not take the PB cup picture – if you click on it, it will direct you to the recipe. 

Both are delicious – give them a try!

Goals for this week:

1) Don’t make or eat anymore peanut butter cups.

2) Work out M-F in the morning

3) Drink tons of water

4) Don’t snack unless I really really really need one. 

5) Finish the book I’m reading (Mindy Kaling’s new one) and start another.

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Yummmmy, that tart looks good enough to eat!
    Another goal: Make more PB cups and bring them down on the train with you. Actually, on second thought...not such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those peanut butter cups look so yummy!

    I thought the Globes were kind of boring. Ricky Gervais was okay, but I don't like him anyway. I really wish they'd branch out and get a new host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having such a hard time getting back into the exercise thing. Sigh. But have been cooking really healthy so at least I am not gaining weight ;)
    That coconuts and quinoa blog is definitely going in my reader. Thank you. I think :)

    ReplyDelete