Monday, January 30, 2012

Project 52: February Update





More like a "monthly update" for me.  Here is how things are going, just about one month into this Project 52....notes/updates are in red. 

1) Buy a juicer.
2) Stop buying so much stuff (it helps a lot when you spend time sick and don't want to buy anything in the first place).
3) Make homemade crock-pot applesauce.
4) Read 30 books (4/30). 
In January I read the second 2 books in the Hunger Games series, Mindy Kaling's new book, and also Skinny Bitch.  I am also one chapter from finishing my 5th (MWF Seeking BFF).
5) Watch 5 movies in the theater that are NOT kid movies. (0/5)
6) Run 4 5ks. (0/4).
7) Resume working out first thing in the morning 4-6 days/week.
I am doing pretty well on this...when I am healthy.  So maybe 2 weeks out of January I accomplished this.
8) Try hot (Bikram) yoga.
9) Practice more mindful eating.
I ate pretty well this month...could have done better.
10) Plan more 1 on 1 time/date nights with the kids.
11) Schedule regular date nights with my husband.
12) Get living room tables (coffee, 2 consoles, and maybe a small end table).
Looking.
13) Get a new dining room table and buffet.
Looking.
14) Hang pictures/artwork in the house.
15) Make something crafty, not food related.
16) Plant a small vegetable garden.
17) Take the kids camping.
18) Get a tattoo (maybe).
19) Keep my hair long - don't cut it except for trims!
20) Visit my cousin Nicole when she is in Prague.
21) Use all my gift certificates/cards.
22) Have more family movie nights at home (0/ )
Mickey had one with the kids but I wasn't home so I guess that doesn't count.
23) Be more active with the kids (more walks, bike rides, etc).
24) Take a gun safety class.
25) Go to the shooting range.
26) Go to my 20 year high school reunion (yikes!).
27) Blog more.
28) Redesign my blog(s).
29) Get a new living room area rug.
30) Get a bike and all necessary gear.
31) Get a new elliptical.
32) Spend time learning about Photoshop Elements.
33) Take a photography class.
34) Go to the Farmer's Market at least twice a month (when it's open).
35) Go to a Seahawks game.
36) Learn how to French braid.
37) Get family pictures taken.
38) Get microdermabrasion treatments.
39) See a chiropractor for my neck/back.
40) Clean out clutter and organize messy rooms.
41) Buy new towels for the master bathroom.
42) Paint the master bedroom.
43) Redecorate my fireplace mantel.
44) Buy and hang frames that showcase Hannah and Eli's artwork.
45) Go to a live concert (ADELE are you listening???)
46) Take Hannah to a musical.
47) Watch all 7 Seasons of The Closer on DVD (1/7)
48) Enroll Macy in a driving class so she can get her license this summer.
49) Get semi-regular massages. (1/?)
50) Plan an overnight trip with some girlfriends.
51) Take a bath in my bathtub (sounds simple enough, yet I've never done it).
52) Update at least once a month of how my Project 52 is going (1/12)

So now that I am looking at this list again I am realizing I did not get much accomplished (or even started) this month.  But, since I was sick for probably 2 weeks of the month I am totally going to blame that and hope to make more strides in February.  :-)

5 comments:

  1. I love the saying "how do you eat an elephant? one bite at a time". Hopefully completing things on your list is much more fun then eatig an elephant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better! But you still had a great kick off because you're actually working towards crossing your list off instead of just making a list and doing nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing an update tomorrow. Slowly but surely I'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started one of these lists......didn't finish, and then accidentally deleted it from my computer. Maybe next year!

    I think you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever. I think you are off to a ROCKIN' start. The fact that you've crossed ANYTHING off your list is something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete