Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Paleo Update: Day???????

I think this is around day 24 (or 31 if you count the week before when I was also eating pretty much per the challenge). 

I am ready to be done. 

Soooooooo ready.  Not that I plan to go crazy on carbs and sugar…but it would be nice to just be able to relax when I am making food choices.  And so nice to have a piece of bread once in a while.  I made spaghetti squash spaghetti for dinner last night and my husband and I were both craving a piece of bread to help us mop up that sauce! 

I haven’t been perfect either, allowing some wine once or twice a week.  A few “no” foods have been consumed too. 

But overall I am feeling pretty good about how I have done.  I have not seen much progress on the scale but I DO feel leaner and I am assuming when I go in for my final body fat assessment I will see an increase in muscle mass and a decrease in fat. 

Please, oh pretty please. 

Our end date is September 10th…..we will probably schedule our final body fat assessment a day or two prior to that.  Just have to get through this weekend – going to visit my grandma and it’s always hard (for me) to keep eating on track when travelling. 

My daughter is starting first grade next week and my son starts Pre-K a week after that.  Fall is back.  I will miss the extra sunlight, but the fall is definitely my FAVORITE season. 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go...almost there! You've done so well. All I can think of is how you need bread to go with any sort of squash, in my opinion!!!
    I also LOVE fall! But not that our kids are getting so big...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fall but oh I wish we didn't lose daylight so quickly. Wah.
    I am glad you have made it through your 30 days and glad you get to indulge every now and then. I doubt you will go crazy. Now that I do not eat processed foods/white breads and pastas very often when I do I feel it. I still indulge but not as often ;)
    Your body will really tell you what it likes and doesn't like. I feel so much better when I don't eat a lot of processed foods but yes I still do every now and then :)
    Glad you are feeling lean and hope that body fat percentage is nice and LOW!

    ReplyDelete